A rubbing or underperforming disc brake can often make a ride frustrating. Regardless of brand and model, this article will help you gain the knowledge you need to adjust mechanical disc brakes to solve annoying noises or weak brake feel.
Questions or comments? Leave them below!
See all our disc brake videos in our Disc Brake Repair Help playlist ▶︎ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGCTGpvdT04TW0Qi4wpGxYB2TuzJok9l5
00:00 Preliminary Information
03:10 Alignment Procedure
04:45 Alignment Procedure: Single Lever Arm – Dual Adjustment
05:38 Alignment Procedure: Single Lever Arm – Single Adjustment
06:21 Alignment Procedure: Dual Lever Arm
07:09 Final Adjustments
10:15 Other Considerations
➤ Tools & materials used:
• Hex & Torx Compatible Tools – https://www.parktool.com/category/hex-torx-compatible-tools
• CN-10 Professional Cable and Housing Cutter – https://www.parktool.com/product/professional-cable-and-housing-cutter-cn-10
• ATD-1.2 Adjustable Torque Driver – https://www.parktool.com/product/adjustable-torque-driver-atd-1-2
For a text-based walk-through of this process: https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/mechanical-disc-brake-alignment
➤ Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/parktoolcompany?sub_confirmation=1
➤ Like: https://www.facebook.com/parktool
➤ Follow: https://www.instagram.com/parktoolblue
➤ Fix It:
Did you know that Park Tool is the #1 resource for bicycle repair education?
• Visit our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/parktool
• Visit the Repair Help section of Parktool.com: http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/
• Check out The Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair: http://www.parktool.com/product/big-blue-book-of-bicycle-repair-3rd-edition-bbb-3
➤ About Park Tool:
Since our founding in 1963, Park Tool has been the leading name in bicycle tools. Our YouTube channel is an extension of our mission to be the ultimate resource for mechanics and riders of all skill levels. Here you will find comprehensive repair help tutorials for a wide range of components and processes, as well as troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and information on the latest Park Tool products.
➤ More Disc Brake Repair Help:
• How to Replace Brake Pads on a Bike – Disc Brakes ▶︎ https://youtu.be/Xqw0SaZl-jo
• How to Replace a Disc Brake Rotor on a Bike ▶︎ https://youtu.be/SE9DJKXmIy8
• How to Align a Hydraulic Disc Brake on a Bike ▶︎ https://youtu.be/uk_nC9anQcM
• How to True a Bicycle Disc Brake Rotor ▶︎ https://youtu.be/O0c2Ez2v0PU