Many men want to lose belly fat and get the appealing 6 pack abs. However, if you are not doing the right things, you will fail to get a flat stomach. In this article, I will introduce you some proven tips on how to lose belly fat and get abs.
- Stop doing crunches and sit-ups: Do you spend a lot of time working out on your stomach muscles? Are you seeing any good results? The fact is that your abdominal muscles are developed but they won’t show because they are under your belly fat.
- Cardio and weight training: Full body workouts like cardio and weight training will help you burn body fat and stomach fat fast. Try to do at least 45 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. You can choose the activity you prefer: running, jogging, walking, hiking and aerobic classes. Weight training is also important because it helps you develop muscle and raise your metabolism. Aim for 20-40 minutes, 3 times per week.
- Eat the right foods is important: In order to get six pack abs you must have a low percentage of body fat. You can achieve your dream body by eating the right foods. You’re going to need eat more protein, complex carbs, and fiber-rich foods.
- Stay away from junk foods: Are you eating junk food or drinking too many sodas or pure juices? You have to stop eating such foods because they are high in calories. In addition, to lose belly fat and get abs you have to combine the right exercises with a healthy diet.
- Diet: I am presuming you know that need to avoid greasy and fat-rich foods to lose weight. Now, one of the most mistakes most people do is that they avoid fats altogether. This can actually be counterproductive. Your body needs essential fats like Omega 3 for the production of hormones like testosterone and HGH. Testosterone is the hormone that has an amazing fat burning potential. Low testosterone levels not only result in excess body fat but also leads to high estrogen levels in your body.
Thus, you must include foods like nuts and beans, oats, olives etc., in your diet. However, the key is to have them in moderation. Do not go overboard with them. Another important thing is to limit your intake of carbohydrates. Excess carbs in your diet result in higher Insulin levels and this is the hormone that is behind fat storage in your body. Drinking plenty of water is also important. Water not only helps flush out toxins from your body and boosts your metabolism but is also a great natural appetite suppressant.
- Exercises: Hanging leg raises are one of the best exercises that can help you lose belly fat without affecting your back. Skipping or running on a treadmill for about 10 minutes after you have done your workout can be really great for getting rid of excess body fat and belly bulge. Try it and you would be surprised to see the difference within 10-15 days.
How to lose belly fat and get a six pack
There’s nothing like a beautifully rippling six pack stomach to turn any person’s head. But that’s not the only reason why people stop and stare whenever a flat, ripped stomach is displayed. Most of them ask themselves a follow-up a question that usually goes as: Wow! I wish I know how to get a six pack abs like that. The fact is that learning how to lose belly fat and developing abs is pretty common knowledge. Exercise and diet, those are the key. Unfortunately, the willpower to get them is not that common.
Abdominal exercises that have been tested and proven to help develop the stomach:
Leg Lifts: Lie flat on the ground, place your hand behind your head and lift both legs upward to a 90 degrees position. Now, slowly lower your leg but do not let them touch the floor. Instead, let your legs hover a few inches from the ground before bringing them back again.
Static Hold: First, lie on the floor, imitating a push-up position. However, make sure that it is your forearms touching the ground, your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle. Be very wary of your posture, you should be making a straight line from shoulders to toes. Hold this position for one minute while keeping the stomach muscles and butt tight. This exercise may look easy at first but can actually be quite hard to maintain.
Jackknife Sit Ups: This workout is high up on the intensity level. First, start up with a position imitating sit-ups. Now, move your leg upwards forming a 45-degree angle. Simultaneously, lift your upper body upwards, your hands seeming to reach for your feet at a straight line. This should produce a V-shaped posture, feel your stomach muscles contract before relaxing back to original position.
Don’t be discouraged if you only manage to do the exercises at low reps. As you get better, the number of counts you can do will gradually increase. Don’t forget to eat a proper diet – preferably something with more vegetables than meat – to aid you with your exercises.
Even if you do these exercises every day, it is important to also perform cardio workouts to help you lose more fat. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and help flush out the toxins off your body. Keep in mind that regardless of how many legs lifts you do, it won’t matter much with a bad diet. Remember these tips and you will be on your way on how to lose belly fat and how to get a six-pack.